Carter Center for Children is a private, non-profit full day preschool (7:30 am-6pm) that has been in Needham since 1982
- Carter offers a community based program that is committed to children and families.
- Many staff members have been at Carter for 10-30 years.
- Teacher child ratios exceed state requirements, providing individual attention.
- Two well equipped outdoor playgrounds, and an indoor gross motor room.
- Children transition as a group each September, promoting a sense of community.
- Carter strongly supports the child’s right to play and believes learning evolves from this play along with structured small group activities. Carter follows the curriculum frameworks established by the Massachusetts Department of Education.